Ingredients & Steps
2 cups flour
1/2 tablespoon salt (optional)
1/2 to 3/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Combine flour with salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add water and mix with hands until the dough comes together.
- Roll out on a table to about 1/3 inch thickness.
- Use a knife to cut 3×3 squares from the dough.
- Place on baking sheet, and use a dowel (see note above) to make 16 evenly-spaced holes in each square.
- Bake for at least four hours, turning over once half-way through baking.
- Cool on a rack in a dry room.